The Fargo-Moorhead LGBT Film Festival is proud to offer a scholarship to Faraz Ansari’s Screenplay Writing Workshop for Storytellers with Special Focus on Queer Cinema.
Faraz is an award-winning filmmaker who’s film “Sisak” was awarded Best Narrative Short in the 2017 FMLGBT Film Festival. “Sisak,” India’s first silent LGBT film, would go on to recieve over 50 international awards from around the world.
The workshop will be spread over 5 online sessions between Saturday, September 5th to Monday, September 14th. The sessions include:
- Session A: Genesis of a Story & Introduction to Storytelling
- Session B: Inception of a Screenplay & Plot Development
- Session C: Creation of a Character
- Session D: Construction of a Scene
- Session E: Dialogue Writing
- Assignment: Create your work Story, Screenplay & Dialogues
- Session F: Feedback, Suggestions and Critque
Complete the online application form to be considered for the application. While preference will be given to LGBTQ+ Youth in North Dakota, all are welcome to apply. Applications should be received by midnight on Wednesday, September 2 for consideration.