The Fargo-Moorhead LGBT Film Festival is seeking local artists from the LGBTQ+ communities to develop the brand of the 14th annual festival, scheduled for September 2022. The final art design will be used as the source for our official theatrical poster artwork, marketing and promotion, and the festival’s official program.
The selected artist will be compensated for their work, receive royalties on merchandise sales, and be provided complimentary festival tickets. The look and feel of the poster will be inspired by your creative vision and should celebrate the lived experience of the LGBTQ+ communities and the cinema experience. Artists of all mediums are invited to participate.
All members of the LGBTQ+ communities are encouraged to apply. As part of our mission to create an equitable world for artists, artists from the Two-Spirit, BIPOC, or Trans communities will be given special consideration.
See below for more details about the opportunity. Have a question? Email FMLGBTFF@Human-Family.org.
- Design the official poster of the 14th season of the Fargo-Moorhead LGBT Film Festival, taking place September 2022.
- Work with FMLGBTFF staff to get the brand and photo assets you need to make your vision come to life
- Posters will be sold at The Human Family’s online store and at the Fargo-Moorhead LGBT Film Festival.
- Submission Deadline: October 15, 2021
- Artist Selected: October 22, 2021
- First Draft Due: November 12, 2021
- Final Print-Ready Art File Due: December 17, 2021
- 27″ x 40″
- Must include the FMLGBTFF Logo and date
- Final print file as a PDF with 0.125″ bleed. If the file is created digitally, a layered Illustrator or Photoshop file is also acceptable.
- The rest of the design is up to your creative vision, including artistic medium. The poster should celebrate the lived experience of the LGBTQ+ communities and the cinema experience.
The selected artist will receive:
- Compensation: $500 | $250 at contract signing, and $250 upon delivery of work.
- Royalties: The Artist will receive 80% of net profits for all merchandise sales utilizing the design.
- Prints: The Artist will receive on 27″x40″ theatrical poster of their work.
- Festival Access: All-Access 2 passes to the festival both in-person and online.
- Promotion: The Artist’s name will be credited and tagged in all social media posts. The Artist will also be featured as a write-up in the official festival guide, and provided advertising opportunities in the festival guide and on-screen during the festival.